Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Brooklyn Nine



The Brooklyn Nine By Alan Gratz is based on a 9 inning baseball game. This baseball gets passed on all through the book. Louis Schneider who carries his father's souvenir baseball into battle during the Civil War and ends up trading it to a wounded rebel for a Louisville Slugger baseball bat. In 1845 there is a ten year old German Jewish immigrant who meets Alexander Cartwright and The New York Knickerbockers. In 2002 his 14 year old grandson has this bat and this bat has a long history too it. I don't even care for baseball that much and I really liked this book.
I think that this book would appeal to boys a lot more than to girls unless the girl likes sports a lot. I think that this book doesn't just appeal to teens but could appeal to adults too. I didn't think that this book was to long for me it was a perfect amount of pages. This book also has a lot to do with modern history.

No comments:

Post a Comment